Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another One Down...

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, it's kind of a shame how many friends come and go while I'll be here. Last Friday was Mike's last day and the week before, his wife, Tara, left to return to Canada as well. They had actually only been here around 5 months or so as Mike started working at PwC Auckland after I did, but had become good friends during that time. The first week that Mike arrived was when he joined us for the Waitomo Caves adventure that you'll recall from an earlier post. Unfortunately, the job marked was not working out for Tara and she needed a job in order to complete her degree and got an offer back home in Canada. Mike made the decision to cut his contract early to go back as well. It's been great getting to know them and I'm sure we'll meet up sometime again back in North America.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to see more people leave. Erin and I both know the feeling and it's not easy. Oh by the way, thanks for the goodbye voice message that you left me before you headed to the islands, I meant to write you an email, but kept forgetting.

    ReplyDelete